Published on 30th September 2013
Flying Colors – Live in Europe DVD
Updated – 30th September 2013:
Ahead of the release date for the Live In Europe DVD, Flying Colors have posted All Falls Down, taken from their debut album, as a teaser…
…along with this the band have also posted a version of Dixie Dregs’ Odyssey, written by Steve Morse and taken from the band’s 1978 classic What If album
Live In Europe DVD will hit the streets on 14th October 2013…
Updated – 11th September 2013:
On 14th October 2013, Flying Colors, featuring Steve Morse, Casey McPherson, Neal Morse, Dave LaRue and Mike Portnoy will release Live in Europe taken from their 2012 performance at Tilburg’s 013 theatre in The Netherlands.
Classic Rock Magazine have an exclusive premiere of, The Storm, a track taken from the concert. You can view it HERE.
Live In Europe will be available on DVD, Blu-Ray, 2CD, limited-edition triply vinyl and digital formats…
“Live in Europe is the (so far) definitive Flying Colors live experience, capturing the band in their native habit—on stage. Directed by Bernhard Baran (Guns ‘n’ Roses, The Cure, Porcupine Tree), the band is shown in all its glory and madness. Our label said it was filmed on September 20th, 2012 at the lovely 013 venue in Tilburg, Holland; we believe them.
This one is so titanic it had to be released in a half-dozen formats:
- Blu-ray: Uncompromising, uncompressed stereo and 5.1 surround audio; includes a documentary!
- DVD: Stereo and 5.1 surround; includes the same documentary!
- CD: Two action-packed audio CDs.
- HD iTunes: Mastered for iTunes; compatible with all your other iTunes stuff, but automatically plays back at super-resolution if your hardware supports it. Includes an iTunes-exclusive bonus track.
- MP3: From Amazon.com, which we understand is a popular website.
- Vinyl: 3 LPs; includes a gorgeous full-sized booklet, an exclusive track, two other bonus tracks, an instant download and a trained ferret*. This one is only available directly from our label (probably due to the ferret).”
Source: [Flying Colors]
Original Update – 18th August 2013:
Mascot Label Group has revealed the cover artwork and the Monday 14th October release date of “Flying Colors- Live In Europe” on the Music Theories Recordings Label on Blu-ray, DVD, 2CD, Limited Edition 3LP Vinyl and Digital download (iTunes, Mastered for iTunes, Amazon MP3).
Flying Colors features Mike Portnoy (drums, vocals), Dave LaRue (bass), Neal Morse (keyboards, vocals), Casey McPherson (vocals, guitars), and Steve Morse (guitars).
The concert release captures the band live in Tilburg, Netherlands at 013 on September 20, 2012. Directed and edited by Bernhard Baran (Guns n’ Roses, The Cure, Porcupine Tree) with Bill Evans as executive producer, the concert presents the entire studio album, alongside popular favourites performed by the individual members of the band.